Please enter valid Email address!
Prep time20 mins
Cook time25 mins
Total time45 mins
1 ¼ cups Miracle Mix
2 Tbsp. pastured butter, melted
1 large pastured egg
6 slices pastured bacon
¼ cup organic heavy cream
3 ounces organic cheddar cheese
¼ medium onion, thinly sliced
¼ tsp. baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
2. Cook the bacon on a skillet, reserving the grease. Remove cooked bacon and dice.
3. Add the thinly sliced onion to the pan with grease. Cook to caramelize.
4. While onions cook, shred the cheese.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the cream, melted butter and egg.
6. In a medium bowl, combine the Miracle Mix and baking powder.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to form a dough.
8. Fold in the cooked bacon, shredded cheese and onion. Form the dough into a ball and place onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
9. Flatten dough to an 8" circle. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8 slices.
10. Transfer dough to the freezer for a few minutes to firm up. Using a pie server or spatula, separate the scone triangles so they have 1" of space between them.
11. Transfer baking sheet to the oven and bake 21-24 minutes until golden brown.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
218 calories, 20 g fat, 10 g saturated fat, 7 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g NET carbs, 0 g sugar alcohols, 1 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein, 176 mg potassium, 147 mg phosphorous, 270 mg sodium, 32 mg magnesium
84% Fat | 12% Protein |4 % Carbohydrate
"I love what you do. I am gluten intolerant and reducing sugar, so your products fill the bill perfectly. I started with the Chocolate Bliss, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Drinking Chocolate. I have enjoyed them all! There are a lot of gluten-free products, but it is hard to find products that are gluten-free and low glycemic. Keep coming up with recipes and new products… they’re great!"
— Bari H.
"I’ve been looking for products like yours for a long time. My family loves dessert, but I hate the thought of feeding them so much sugar. We tried desserts with artificial sweeteners, but my kids always responded YUCK! We made our first batch of your cupcakes last night. I’m so impressed! More importantly, my family LOVED them!"
— Karen W.
"Going grain-free and sugar-free has been a challenge. I was looking for ways to have a treat without blowing my new way of eating. I have tried your chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies and ginger cookies. The texture in grain-free, sugar-free products is usually crumbly and mealy. But your products are exceptional! I will be trying new ones and reordering the ones I have already tried."
— Gina S.
"I love your baking mixes. When I decided to eat less gluten and sugar, I dreaded not being able to enjoy my favorite sweets. I tried some gluten-free products but none offered the right flavor and texture, until I found yours! I made the Chocolate Bliss cupcakes and they were soooo good. Didn't even get them frosted before they were gone! I don't recall how your website found me, but I’m sure glad it did!"
— Suzanne Z.
"I am so thankful for your products! I ordered Chocolate Bliss Cake and absolutely LOVE it! It is so nice to enjoy something sweet without the sugar crash of most desserts. I feel great when I eat this cake and I don’t even feel guilty!! I eat low-glycemic and paleo as much as possible. I just feel healthier and more energetic when I eat this way. I have not found anything that compares to your products!"
— Andrea H.
"I want to thank you for the delicious and OOOOH SOOOOOOO good for you desserts! I just tried them and was SO IMPRESSED with the taste, texture and, of course, clean ingredients! I am a drugless health practitioner and weight loss coach and have started sharing your website with my clients. Everyone needs to know about you! Thank you again for all you do and for offering such "wholesome" products!"
— Tracey V.