Please enter valid Email address!
Prep time45 mins
Cook time15 mins
Total time1 hour
1 ¼ cups Miracle Mix
½ tsp. xanthan gum or glucomannan
¼ tsp. sea salt
7 Tbsp. grass-fed butter
2 oz. whole organic cream cheese (or Kite Hill cream cheese)
1 large pastured egg
15 drops stevia (to taste)
½ Tbsp. organic apple cider vinegar
2 medium organic zucchini
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. fresh nutmeg
4 Tbsp. grass-fed butter
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
8 Tbsp. Keto Sweet
1 large pastured egg yolk
2 tsp. water
1. Make the crust. Add the Miracle Mix, xanthan gum, and sea salt to a food processor. Pulse to combine.
2. Add the 7 Tbsp. cold butter and cream cheese. Pulse for 3 seconds. Add one egg, stevia and vinegar and pulse just until it forms a dough ball (do not over-process).
3. Place dough on a piece of cling wrap and wrap tightly. Refrigerate.
4. While the dough sets, make the cinnamon-apple filling. Peel the zucchini, cut into quarters legthwise and de-seed. Dice zucchini into 1/2 inch pieces.
5. In a safe skillet, add 4 Tbsp. butter. Add the diced zucchini, remaining Keto Sweet, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice. Simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
6. reheat oven to 375 F. Remove dough from refrigerator. Place dough between two pieces of greased parchment paper and roll out to roughly 1/4 inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out 16 circles. If dough becomes too soft and difficult to work with, transfer the baking sheet to the freezer for a few minutes.
7. Place half of the dough rounds on a large, greased baking sheet. Scoop approximately 2 Tbsp. of dough onto each circle. Top with another dough round and use a fork to go around the outer rim, pressing to seal.
8. Make the egg wash by combining egg yolk with 2 tsp. water. Brush the outside of the hand pies with egg wash, sprinkle with additional Keto Sweet and transfer to the oven.
9. Bake 15-17 minutes to golden.
10. Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes to set, then serve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (One Hand Pie)
280 calories, 20 g fat, 15 g saturated fat, 8 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 102 mg cholesterol, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g NET carbs, 12 g sugar alcohols, 1.7 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein, 275 mg potassium, 102 mg phosphorous, 290 mg sodium, 329 mg magnesium
88% Fat | 7% Protein | 5% Carbohydrate
"I love what you do. I am gluten intolerant and reducing sugar, so your products fill the bill perfectly. I started with the Chocolate Bliss, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Drinking Chocolate. I have enjoyed them all! There are a lot of gluten-free products, but it is hard to find products that are gluten-free and low glycemic. Keep coming up with recipes and new products… they’re great!"
— Bari H.
"I’ve been looking for products like yours for a long time. My family loves dessert, but I hate the thought of feeding them so much sugar. We tried desserts with artificial sweeteners, but my kids always responded YUCK! We made our first batch of your cupcakes last night. I’m so impressed! More importantly, my family LOVED them!"
— Karen W.
"Going grain-free and sugar-free has been a challenge. I was looking for ways to have a treat without blowing my new way of eating. I have tried your chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies and ginger cookies. The texture in grain-free, sugar-free products is usually crumbly and mealy. But your products are exceptional! I will be trying new ones and reordering the ones I have already tried."
— Gina S.
"I love your baking mixes. When I decided to eat less gluten and sugar, I dreaded not being able to enjoy my favorite sweets. I tried some gluten-free products but none offered the right flavor and texture, until I found yours! I made the Chocolate Bliss cupcakes and they were soooo good. Didn't even get them frosted before they were gone! I don't recall how your website found me, but I’m sure glad it did!"
— Suzanne Z.
"I am so thankful for your products! I ordered Chocolate Bliss Cake and absolutely LOVE it! It is so nice to enjoy something sweet without the sugar crash of most desserts. I feel great when I eat this cake and I don’t even feel guilty!! I eat low-glycemic and paleo as much as possible. I just feel healthier and more energetic when I eat this way. I have not found anything that compares to your products!"
— Andrea H.
"I want to thank you for the delicious and OOOOH SOOOOOOO good for you desserts! I just tried them and was SO IMPRESSED with the taste, texture and, of course, clean ingredients! I am a drugless health practitioner and weight loss coach and have started sharing your website with my clients. Everyone needs to know about you! Thank you again for all you do and for offering such "wholesome" products!"
— Tracey V.