Please enter valid Email address!
Prep time30 mins
Cook time1 hour 30 mins
Total time2 hours
1 package Miracle Bread Mix
2 tsp. gelatin
3 large pastured eggs
4 Tbsp. grass-fed butter, melted
½ cup filtered water
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. active dry yeast
¼ cup organic sour cream
3 medium organic tomatoes
3 cloves fresh garlic
5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
8 leaves fresh organic basil
½ tsp. sea salt
½ Tbsp. organic balsamic vinegar
1. Line a French bread pan with unbleached parchment paper.
2. Add the yeast and 2 tsp. sweetener* (maple syrup or honey) to a large bowl. Heat water to 105 F - 110 F and pour over yeast. Cover with a kitchen towel to bloom for 7 minutes.
3. In medium bowl, whisk the eggs, vinegar, sour cream and melted butter.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the yeast mixture. Using a hand held mixer, beat to combine.
5. Pour in the Miracle Bread Mix and gelatin and beat on medium speed to fully combine. Let stand 5 minutes to absorb liquid.
6. Divide loose dough in half to make two baguettes. Using wet hands, scoop batter onto prepared pan and shape, gently smoothing the surface. For a shiny, golden crust, gently brush with egg wash. Then using a serrated knife or lame cut 3-4 diagonal slashes across the top.
7. Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a draft-free area to rise for 50 minutes. Your bread will rise roughly 1-2 inches.
8. While your bread is rising, preheat oven to 350 F. Transfer risen bread to oven and bake 25-35 minutes or to internal temperature of 205 F. (To prevent over-browing, cover loosely with aluminum foil in the last 15 minutes)
9. While bread bakes, make the bruschetta.
10. Using a serrated knife, finely dice the tomatoes. Mince or press the garlic. Use a sharp knife to chiffonade the basil.
11. Add the tomatoes, garlic and basil to a medium glass bowl. Add the sea salt, 4 Tbsp. olive oil, and vinegar. Stir to coat. Let stand at room temperature to allow the flavors to meld.
12. Let baked bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
13. Slice the baguette on the bias. Place slices directly on the oven grate and toast lightly. This helps to prevent the bread from becoming soggy.
14. Place toasted baguette slices on a serving tray and top each with 1 Tbsp. tomato-basil mixture and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
[* NOTE: Sweetener is used to feed the yeast. Once yeast blooms, no sweetener remains.]
Nutrition Information Per Serving (One Slice)*
179 calories, 17 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 8 g monounsaturated fat, 4 g polyunsaturated fat, 48 mg cholesterol, 7g carbohydrate, 3 g NET carbs, 0 g sugar alcohols, 2 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein, 154 mg potassium, 28 mg phosphorous, 305 mg sodium, 5 mg magnesium
80% Fat | 13% Protein | 7% Carbohydrate
"I love what you do. I am gluten intolerant and reducing sugar, so your products fill the bill perfectly. I started with the Chocolate Bliss, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Drinking Chocolate. I have enjoyed them all! There are a lot of gluten-free products, but it is hard to find products that are gluten-free and low glycemic. Keep coming up with recipes and new products… they’re great!"
— Bari H.
"I’ve been looking for products like yours for a long time. My family loves dessert, but I hate the thought of feeding them so much sugar. We tried desserts with artificial sweeteners, but my kids always responded YUCK! We made our first batch of your cupcakes last night. I’m so impressed! More importantly, my family LOVED them!"
— Karen W.
"Going grain-free and sugar-free has been a challenge. I was looking for ways to have a treat without blowing my new way of eating. I have tried your chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies and ginger cookies. The texture in grain-free, sugar-free products is usually crumbly and mealy. But your products are exceptional! I will be trying new ones and reordering the ones I have already tried."
— Gina S.
"I love your baking mixes. When I decided to eat less gluten and sugar, I dreaded not being able to enjoy my favorite sweets. I tried some gluten-free products but none offered the right flavor and texture, until I found yours! I made the Chocolate Bliss cupcakes and they were soooo good. Didn't even get them frosted before they were gone! I don't recall how your website found me, but I’m sure glad it did!"
— Suzanne Z.
"I am so thankful for your products! I ordered Chocolate Bliss Cake and absolutely LOVE it! It is so nice to enjoy something sweet without the sugar crash of most desserts. I feel great when I eat this cake and I don’t even feel guilty!! I eat low-glycemic and paleo as much as possible. I just feel healthier and more energetic when I eat this way. I have not found anything that compares to your products!"
— Andrea H.
"I want to thank you for the delicious and OOOOH SOOOOOOO good for you desserts! I just tried them and was SO IMPRESSED with the taste, texture and, of course, clean ingredients! I am a drugless health practitioner and weight loss coach and have started sharing your website with my clients. Everyone needs to know about you! Thank you again for all you do and for offering such "wholesome" products!"
— Tracey V.