Please enter valid Email address!
Prep time30 minutes
Cook time1 hour
Total time1.5 hours
Yield: One 9” Quiche (8 large slices)
½ tsp. xanthan gum or konjac (optionl, prevents breakage)
1 ¼ cups Miracle Mix
¼ tsp. sea salt
7 Tbsp. grass-fed butter
2 ounces whole organic cream cheese
1 large pastured egg
½ Tbsp. organic apple cider vinegar
½ small white onion, very thinly sliced
9 slices pastured bacon
8 ounces gruyere cheese
4 large pastured eggs
1 ⅓ cups whole organic sour cream
¼ tsp. nutmeg
1. Make the quiche crust. Add the Miracle Mix, xanthan gum, and sea salt to a food processor. Pulse to combine.
2. Add the cold butter and cream cheese. Pulse for 3 seconds. Add one egg and vinegar and pulse just until it forms a dough ball (do not over-process).
3. Place dough on a piece of cling wrap and wrap tightly. Refrigerate.
4. Preheat oven to 400 F. Dice the bacon and thinly slice the onion. Grease a 9" tart pan with a removable bottom (a 9" pie pan will also work in a pinch).
5. Add the bacon to a safe skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring just until crisp. Scoop out the bacon pieces and reserve. Add the onion to the pan with the bacon grease and cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes to golden.
6. Remove crust from refrigerator. Roll dough out between parchment paper or cling wrap. Place tart pan over the rolled-out dough. Invert the pan and press dough into the pan evenly. Transfer back to the refrigerator.
7. Get the filling ready. Grate the cheese and set aside. Add the remaining four eggs, sour cream and nutmeg to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
8. Remove crust from the oven and prick the bottom with a fork. Transfer to the oven and par-bake 15 minutes.
9. Top par-baked crust with half the cheese and the bacon and onions. Pour the egg mixture over. Scatter remaining cheese on top.
10. Transfer to the oven and bake 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted two inches from the center comes out clean.
11. Let cool 10 minutes, then unmold and serve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
459 calories, 41 g fat, 21 g saturated fat, 13 g monounsaturated fat, 3 g polyunsaturated fat, 218 mg cholesterol, 7 g carbohydrate, 5 g NET carbs, 0 g sugar alcohols, 1 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein, 302 mg potassium, 339 mg phosphorous, 533 mg sodium, 47 mg magnesium
80% Fat | 15% Protein|4% Carbs
"I love what you do. I am gluten intolerant and reducing sugar, so your products fill the bill perfectly. I started with the Chocolate Bliss, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Drinking Chocolate. I have enjoyed them all! There are a lot of gluten-free products, but it is hard to find products that are gluten-free and low glycemic. Keep coming up with recipes and new products… they’re great!"
— Bari H.
"I’ve been looking for products like yours for a long time. My family loves dessert, but I hate the thought of feeding them so much sugar. We tried desserts with artificial sweeteners, but my kids always responded YUCK! We made our first batch of your cupcakes last night. I’m so impressed! More importantly, my family LOVED them!"
— Karen W.
"Going grain-free and sugar-free has been a challenge. I was looking for ways to have a treat without blowing my new way of eating. I have tried your chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies and ginger cookies. The texture in grain-free, sugar-free products is usually crumbly and mealy. But your products are exceptional! I will be trying new ones and reordering the ones I have already tried."
— Gina S.
"I love your baking mixes. When I decided to eat less gluten and sugar, I dreaded not being able to enjoy my favorite sweets. I tried some gluten-free products but none offered the right flavor and texture, until I found yours! I made the Chocolate Bliss cupcakes and they were soooo good. Didn't even get them frosted before they were gone! I don't recall how your website found me, but I’m sure glad it did!"
— Suzanne Z.
"I am so thankful for your products! I ordered Chocolate Bliss Cake and absolutely LOVE it! It is so nice to enjoy something sweet without the sugar crash of most desserts. I feel great when I eat this cake and I don’t even feel guilty!! I eat low-glycemic and paleo as much as possible. I just feel healthier and more energetic when I eat this way. I have not found anything that compares to your products!"
— Andrea H.
"I want to thank you for the delicious and OOOOH SOOOOOOO good for you desserts! I just tried them and was SO IMPRESSED with the taste, texture and, of course, clean ingredients! I am a drugless health practitioner and weight loss coach and have started sharing your website with my clients. Everyone needs to know about you! Thank you again for all you do and for offering such "wholesome" products!"
— Tracey V.